Unique Opportunity To Be A Foster Parent To One Of Our Breeding Puppies – Certain Conditions Need To Be Met – Contact Ger To Discuss (087) 285-3533
Thank you for your interest in our guardian program. We believe the dogs in our breeding program should live the life of a beloved family companion instead of being kept long term in kennels. Dogs need to be part of a “pack” for optimal health, happiness and well-being. I would love to be able to keep all of our breeding dogs under the one roof here, but they wouldn’t get enough of my time
You have the opportunity to receive a wonderful Australian Labradoodle puppy typically the “pick of the litter” for free! We look for very specific qualities when holding a puppy back for breeding purposes. They are chosen for their outstanding temperaments, health, conformation, coat and beauty of course. While we are continuing to improve and perfect the Australian Labradoodle breed in Ireland, your commitment to meeting the needs of your new puppy, and the needs of our program, help ensure their excellent traits are passed along to future generations.
You will be responsible for pet care costs and in lieu of the purchase price, I retain sole rights to breeding the dog. I cover all costs related to breeding, and I whelp and raise the puppies in my home.
If you have a female you will need to bring her to my home for a few days so I can breed her when she is in heat after she turns 2years. Then she will return to you for approximately 60 days. A few days before her due date, you will need to bring her to my home where she will whelp her litter. She will remain with me to nurse the puppies until they are weaned around six weeks old, then she go back home to you. I retain the right to breed her up to 3 -4 times over the span of about four years. When she has finished her breeding career around five years old, I will arrange to have her spayed and she will be free to continue to enjoy being your pet forever.
Most females come into heat once every six months with the first heat typically occurring around five to seven months old. She will be bred for the first time after she is hip scored from 18 months. She may have up to four litters before she is spayed when she is five years old. When your female is in heat you need to keep her safe from straying males. Each heat cycle lasts two to three weeks and I will tell you what to expect during this time.
If you have a male, the time he is away from your home is more limited. Typically you will bring him to my home where he will stay for a few days to honeymoon with a female. Then he will return to you. Or you might need to bring him to my vet’s office if we do artificial insemination. When he has completed his breeding career, I will arrange to have him neutered and he will continue to enjoy being your pet forever. He may be used for breeding a couple times, depending on the needs of my program.
YOUR GUARDIANSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES:
In exchange for receiving a puppy for free of charge, I expect you to help me with the following needs:
– Be available to bring your dog to me – often with very short notice – to my for breeding purposes.
– Be available to take your dog to multiple vet appointments – often with short notice – for breeding purposes.
– Cover basic pet costs related to owning a dog including annual vaccines, deworm, fleas, grooming, training, boarding, etc.
– Cover costs related to purchasing pet supplies.
– Cover pet costs related to emergency medical treatment or other unforeseeable issues while in your care(accidential injury).
– Purchase an ID tag with your name and cell number and keep this on the dog’s collar at all times.
– Feed a human grade premium dog food that I approve of. Keep your dog at a healthy weight.
– Ensure your dog is safely restrained at ALL times and never allowed to roam freely.
– Be available to accommodate my schedule when I need to take the dog for breeding purposes or veterinary tests.
– Do basic obedience training with your puppy including crate training. Remember your dog is a reflection of my program.
– Be aware of special needs when puppies join homes with young children and/or existing pets.
– Hygiene is important so please keep the coat in good order Groom regularly Inform me before shaving their coat in case I need photos first.
– Send me updated photos of the dog for my website,
– If you have a boy, you understand potential behaviors of a non-neutered male including mounting and marking.
– If you have a girl, you will watch for signs and contact me the FIRST day of each heat cycle so I can prepare to breed her.
– Keep me informed of any issues that arise, concerns, comments, or needs regarding the dog.
– If your circumstances change and you cannot keep your dog, you will return the dog to me.
– Understand the dog is property of Baharaki Labradoodles until spayed or neutered and contract is closed off.
– Understand the value of your dog purchased as breeding stock is €15000.00.
Please read the expectations listed above and let me know if you have any questions or concerns. If you would like to participate in this program, the next step is to fill out a Guardian Application and be approved for a puppy. You will also need to sign our Guardian Contract before you bring your new puppy home! Please understand we give preference to applicants living within two hours of our home in West Co Waterford.
Thank you for your commitment to our program and I look forward to speaking with you soon!